Hyperflex 3.0(1e) Nested VCenter Install Bug
I recently had to deploy a hyperflex cluster for a client, which was for a DR site. The cluster was going to use an nested VCenter, meaning VCenter is within the hyperflex cluster itself. There is some official documentation from Cisco on this, and it seems pretty straight forward.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HyperFlex_HX_DataPlatformSoftware/TechNotes/Nested_vcenter_on_hyperflex.html#reference_8EF12C954D6049E285F924713804F9B6
However I ran into a few issues...
First during the installer, I received an error """INTERNAL_ERROR: something went wrong in executing scripts"
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HyperFlex_HX_DataPlatformSoftware/TechNotes/Nested_vcenter_on_hyperflex.html#reference_8EF12C954D6049E285F924713804F9B6
However I ran into a few issues...
First during the installer, I received an error """INTERNAL_ERROR: something went wrong in executing scripts"
I found the following Cisco Bug article: CSCvk07339
I didn't have the option of using a temporary external vcenter, this was a remote DR site with only the hyperflex hosts and networking equipment available. Instead I put a fake vcenter cluster name, as mentioned as one of the workarounds.
The install went thru fine, or so I thought. When I tried to login to HX Connect webpage I received the following error:
Error: no cluster was created
I connected to the storage cluster vip via ssh and checked the cluster health, it was online and healthy.
I decided to create a datastore via cli and did so:
stcli datastore create --name VCENTER --size 500 --unit gb
The datastore showed up on all three of the esxi hosts, so I went ahead and connected to one and deployed the vcenter appliance. I also created a datacenter and vcenter cluster name.
I then added all my hyperflex hosts to the vcenter cluster.
After all the hosts were deployed I then reregistered the storage cluster using the following command:
stcli cluster reregister --vcenter-datacenter <DC Name> --vcenter-cluster <Cluster Name> --vcenter-url <URL or IP of vCenter> --vcenter-user <admin username>
All this worked, and I was able to log into HX Connect again, only issue now is that the cluster was show as being in "An Invalid State". Great!!!!
The fix was simple, I ran:
stcli cluster start
And we are good to go.... I hope this has helped you!
Comments
Post a Comment